High: 86º Low: 58º
High: 75º Low: 50º
High; 72º Low: 51º
Coca-Cola Recognized With NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) – The Coca-Cola Company was honored today with the 2013 NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award at the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon held in the Encore Ballroom at Wynn Las Vegas. An official partner since 1998, Coca-Cola becomes the first three-time recipient of the prestigious award. Utilizing an immersive integrated marketing approach, Coca-Cola has engaged fans, customers and employees across virtually every facet of the NASCAR ecosystem, including intellectual property, promotions, public relations, B2B, online, broadcast, at track, event marketing, social media and retail.
“Over the course of our 15-year relationship Coca-Cola has become one of the most recognized brands in our sport,” said Jim O'Connell, NASCAR chief sales officer. “Once again Coca-Cola raised the bar by creating innovative activation and an integrated marketing approach to engage with millions of NASCAR fans, embodying the spirit of the award.”
This year, Coca-Cola introduced a series of brand spots titled, “Coca-Cola Racing Family Road Trip,” featuring NASCAR stars Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Greg Biffle, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano. The four-part series premiered during the Daytona 500 and its creative mirrored storylines that were playing out on the track throughout the season.
“The Coca-Cola partnership with NASCAR is rich in history and passionately multifaceted. We’re honored and humbled to receive this prestigious award from such a valuable partner,” said Sharon Byers, senior vice president, sports and entertainment marketing, Coca-Cola North America Group. “From our Coca-Cola Racing Family members to decades of supporting local, regional and national activation, together our properties talk to a broad scope of fans. In 2013, the NASCAR partnership extended across 19 tracks, 13 current and alumni drivers, two entitlement races, activation with 36 national retail partners in over 250,000 retail locations, 2.8 million My Coke Rewards entries in NASCAR-themed sweepstakes and nearly 12,000 participants in our Coca-Cola Family Track Walks.”
In 2013, Coca-Cola executed a number of integrated marketing campaigns designed to reach its key stakeholders, including:
• Coca-Cola’s two entitlement races, Coca-Cola 600 and Coke Zero 400, which bookend the summer months – a particularly important selling-season for Coca-Cola.
– Coca-Cola 600 activation included a Coca-Cola Racing Family Track Walk and iHeart Radio Trace Adkins Concert attended by 1,500 members of the military in Charlotte, N.C.
– The “Coke Zero Enjoy Everything Island” was created on Lake Lloyd during the Coke Zero 400 in Daytona Beach, Fla., featuring games / prizes, driver interviews and live music.
• Coke Zero teamed up with Danica Patrick to release new Enjoy Everything creative that aired during the Coke Zero 400.
• Partnered with NASCAR’s three auto manufacturers (Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota) to create three My Coke Rewards promotions that resulted in more than 2.8 million entries and a total of 160,000 opt-ins for the auto manufacturers.
• Implemented a sweepstakes program in 180 military commissaries across the country during the “NASCAR: An American Salute” program in May.
• Through various retail and local market activations Coca-Cola executed more than 100 programs leveraging its status as the Official Soft Drink of NASCAR.
• Continued to execute an at-track recycling program that places approximately 10,000 recycling bins at NASCAR race tracks throughout the season, resulting in more than 15 million cans and bottles recycled to date, enabling NASCAR to become the largest recycler in sports.
Previous winners of the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award include: Anheuser-Busch; Mars, Incorporated; ESPN; FOX / TNT / NBC; Gillette; Kmart; Nationwide Insurance; Office Depot; Sprint; The Home Depot; and Toyota.
This year’s awards will take place Dec. 6, returning to Wynn Las Vegas with FOX Sports 2 and NASCAR.com providing coverage from 9 p.m. – midnight ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90 will provide live coverage beginning at 8 p.m. ET. The show will also re-air on FOX Sports 1 at noon ET on Dec. 8.