Advertisement

One dead in Twin Falls structure fire

The cause of the fire was from a cigarette
Twin Falls Fire Department Engine
Twin Falls Fire Department Engine
Published: Apr. 19, 2021 at 10:01 AM MDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) —Around midnight Saturday, April 17., the Twin Falls Fire Department was dispatched to a reported residential structure fire at the 300 blocks of Fifth Avenue North.

When they arrived on scene, firefighters found a front room of the house was fully engulfed in flames. A neighbor reported to crews that a person may be inside the building.

Crews immediately began searching for occupants and found one person unconscious. Firefighters and paramedics attempted life-saving measures but Charles Walter McBride, 79 was pronounced dead at the scene.

McBride had died of smoke inhalation. Next of kin have been notified.

The cause of the fire was a cigarette. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Firefighters worked to extinguish the fire, which they did at about 12:15 a.m. Sunday.

Copyright 2021 KMVT/KSVT. All rights reserved.