Electrical fire sparks underground at Filer trailer park

By  | 

FILER, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) An electrical issue underground sparked a fire at a Filer trailer park.

The Filer Fire Department said the fire was about two feet from a gas meter. They put out the flames before it could spread. Chief Bud Compher said the fire wasn't close to a trailer.

Idaho Power had to shut electricity off to the whole complex for a couple of hours after the fire was out so they could fix the problem. Gas was temporarily shut off as a precaution too.

When firefighters arrived some people were near the fire trying to put it out. That was initially concerning to them, because of the dangers associated with an electric fire on a wet ground.

"Power tends to make rings, and that power could have shocked somebody, possibly killing them, because you can get too close and the dampness of the ground will send the voltage up and kill someone," Compher said.

The fire was at Country Vu Trailer Park just before 5 p.m. on Sunday.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus