Shed caught fire in Jerome, homeowners not home

By  | 
View Map

JEROME, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) - A shed caught fire about 9:30 in the morning in Jerome on Oct. 20.

The Jerome Fire Department was called out to a small shed fire on 300 Street, south of Con Paulos Chevrolet.

Firefighter Alan Ploss said there was no real damage and it appeared to be a loafing shed for calves.

The homeowners were not home at the time of the fire and there were no contents in the shed, he said.

"We're not 100 percent complete with our investigation yet, but it appears to be a small electric space heater started it," said Ploss.

He wants to remind everyone to be careful with spaces heaters as winter is coming and to check the cords and plugs.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus