Recruiting high school officials to stay

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) District IV Soccer Official Commissioner Van Parker and Basketball Commissioner Randy Winn visited the KMVT studios Sunday night to address a major issue facing sports.

See both Parker and Winn want good officials on their crews, the problem is trying to get them to work long-term.

Parker needs crews as early as this spring for middle school soccer, but he doesn't want them to be scared of what kind of treatment they'll endure on and off the pitch.

Winn is preparing for boys basketball district and state championships, which sometimes can become an intense arena for fans getting a little too involved in the game.

To officiate soccer, please call or text Van at (208)-421-2718. Training will be provided at no cost to you. Also to become a certified official, you can register through the IDHSAA. The site provides upcoming deadlines.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus