KMVT, the Gray owned CBS affiliate in Twin Falls Idaho is looking for a morning and noon anchor. The successful candidate is a team player and leader in the newsroom. The candidate must be comfortable with enterprising stories as an MMJ reporter and willing to produce shows when needed. This candidate must be connected and comfortable with all platforms of broadcast journalism: TV, social, mobile and online.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Anchor weekday morning newscasts.
• Generating unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering and community engagement
• Motivated and aggressive about enterprising stories
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the web sites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community
• Promote and attend KMVT sponsored events
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred
• Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
• Strong social media presence
• Shooting and editing skills
KMVT is the dominate news source for Twin Falls and Central Idaho. Twin Falls offers great scenic views and diverse recreation opportunities. Winter in Idaho bring the opportunity for snow sports all over the state, and our station is 45 minutes from world class skiing in Sun Valley. When the snow melts you can enjoy mountain biking, hiking, fishing, and picnics. Take in views of the massive Snake River Canyon or tee off surrounded by canyon walls and dazzling waterfalls. Home to the “Niagara of the West”, Shoshone Falls is higher than Niagara Falls and a unique and beautiful site to enjoy. Kayak and explore the Snake River or dine in a great local restaurant, featuring fresh Idaho potatoes of course.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.