Utah vs. Gardner-Webb Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 1:42 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 9:39 AM MDT
Friday's game that pits the Utah Utes (25-4) against the Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs (29-4) at Jon M. Huntsman Center should be a one-sided matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 84-62 in favor of Utah, who is heavy favorites by our model. Tipoff is at 7:30 PM ET on March 17.
The Utes lost their last game 66-58 against Washington State on Thursday.
Utah vs. Gardner-Webb Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Jon M. Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Utah vs. Gardner-Webb Score Prediction
- Prediction: Utah 84, Gardner-Webb 62
Utah Schedule Analysis
- When the Utes took down the Stanford Cardinal (No. 5 in the AP's Top 25) on February 25 by a score of 84-78, it was their signature win of the season thus far.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Utes are 12-4 (.750%) -- the fourth-most wins.
- Utah has four wins versus Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 43rd-most in the country.
Utah 2022-23 Best Wins
- 84-78 at home over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on February 25
- 71-69 at home over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on January 29
- 124-78 at home over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on November 16
- 85-58 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on December 14
- 69-67 over Ole Miss (No. 27) on November 23
Gardner-Webb Schedule Analysis
- The Runnin' Bulldogs' signature victory of the season came against the East Carolina Lady Pirates, a top 100 team (No. 84), according to our computer rankings. The Runnin' Bulldogs registered the 67-59 home win on December 15.
- Gardner-Webb has the most Quadrant 4 wins in the nation (26).
Gardner-Webb 2022-23 Best Wins
- 67-59 at home over East Carolina (No. 84) on December 15
- 62-58 on the road over Austin Peay (No. 158) on December 1
- 82-78 at home over Georgia Southern (No. 177) on November 19
- 67-61 at home over High Point (No. 231) on December 31
- 86-68 on the road over High Point (No. 231) on January 28
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Utah Performance Insights
- The Utes average 83.5 points per game (fourth in college basketball) while allowing 65.9 per outing (220th in college basketball). They have a +509 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 17.6 points per game.
- With 78.7 points per game in Pac-12 action, Utah is posting 4.8 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its season average (83.5 PPG).
- The Utes are posting 89.9 points per game this year in home games, which is 11.4 more points than they're averaging on the road (78.5).
- Defensively, Utah has been better at home this season, surrendering 63.7 points per game, compared to 66.8 away from home.
- The Utes' offense has been worse over their last 10 games, racking up 80.0 points a contest compared to the 83.5 they've averaged this year.
Gardner-Webb Performance Insights
- The Runnin' Bulldogs put up 77.0 points per game (21st in college basketball) while allowing 65.8 per contest (218th in college basketball). They have a +369 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 11.2 points per game.
- In 2022-23, Gardner-Webb has averaged 78.4 points per game in Big South action, and 77.0 overall.
- The Runnin' Bulldogs are scoring more points at home (79.2 per game) than away (74.2).
- Gardner-Webb gives up 65.4 points per game at home, and 64.4 on the road.
- Over their past 10 games, the Runnin' Bulldogs are averaging 78.2 points per contest, 1.2 more than their season average (77.0).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.