Mariners vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 22
The Seattle Mariners (22-24) host the Oakland Athletics (10-38) to start a four-game series at T-Mobile Park, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on Monday. The Mariners are on the back of a series defeat to the Braves, and the Athletics a series loss to the Astros.
The Mariners will give the nod to Luis Castillo (2-2, 3.31 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to Kyle Muller (1-3, 7.71 ERA).
Mariners vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Venue: T-Mobile Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Castillo - SEA (2-2, 3.31 ERA) vs Muller - OAK (1-3, 7.71 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Mariners Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mariners vs Athletics Player Props|
|Mariners vs Athletics Prediction|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Athletics|
|Mariners vs Athletics Odds|
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Luis Castillo
- The Mariners' Castillo (2-2) will make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw five innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up five earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.31, a 5.27 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.045 in nine games this season.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Castillo has nine starts in a row of five innings or more.
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Muller
- Muller gets the start for the Athletics, his 10th of the season. He is 1-3 with a 7.71 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 42 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the lefty went four innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 25-year-old has put together a 7.71 ERA and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings over nine games this season, while allowing a batting average of .349 to opposing batters.
- So far this season, Muller has not recorded a quality start.
- Muller heads into this game with five outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.