Mariners vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 25
The Seattle Mariners (25-24) aim to add on to their three-game win streak when they take on the Oakland Athletics (10-41) on Thursday at 9:40 PM ET, at T-Mobile Park.
The Mariners will give the ball to Logan Gilbert (2-2, 3.81 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to JP Sears (0-3, 4.99 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Mariners vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: ROOT Sports NW
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Venue: T-Mobile Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gilbert - SEA (2-2, 3.81 ERA) vs Sears - OAK (0-3, 4.99 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Mariners Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mariners vs Athletics Player Props|
|Mariners vs Athletics Prediction|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Athletics|
|Mariners vs Athletics Odds|
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Gilbert
- Gilbert (2-2) will take to the mound for the Mariners and make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in six innings against the Atlanta Braves.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 3.81 ERA this season with 10.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.7 walks per nine across nine games.
- He has earned a quality start five times in nine starts this season.
- In nine starts this season, Gilbert has lasted five or more innings eight times, with an average of 5.8 innings per appearance.
Logan Gilbert vs. Athletics
- The Athletics rank 28th in MLB with 181 runs scored this season. They have a .224 batting average this campaign with 53 home runs (18th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Athletics to go 3-for-19 with two doubles and two RBI in six innings this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: JP Sears
- The Athletics will send Sears (0-3) to the mound to make his 10th start of the season. He is 0-3 with a 4.99 ERA and 51 strikeouts through 48 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty's most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Houston Astros, when he tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Over nine games this season, the 27-year-old has a 4.99 ERA and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .246 to his opponents.
- Sears is trying to record his fourth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Sears has seven starts this season where he pitched five or more innings.
JP Sears vs. Mariners
- He will face a Mariners squad that is batting .230 as a unit (24th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .381 (24th in the league) with 53 total home runs (18th in MLB action).
- In six innings over one appearance against the Mariners this season, Sears has a 0 ERA and a 1 WHIP while his opponents are batting .190.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.