Mariners vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 28
The Texas Rangers (89-69) visit the Seattle Mariners (85-73) in AL West action, at 9:40 PM ET on Thursday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mariners will send Logan Gilbert (13-7) to the mound, while Jordan Montgomery (10-11) will take the ball for the Rangers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Mariners vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: ROOT Sports NW
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Venue: T-Mobile Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gilbert - SEA (13-7, 3.75 ERA) vs Montgomery - TEX (10-11, 3.25 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Mariners Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Rangers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mariners vs Rangers Player Props|
|Mariners vs Rangers Prediction|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Rangers|
|Mariners vs Rangers Odds|
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Gilbert
- The Mariners will send Gilbert (13-7) to the mound for his 32nd start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Texas Rangers.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.75 and 9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .236 in 31 games this season.
- In 31 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 17 of them.
- Gilbert will look to finish five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 31 chances this season.
Logan Gilbert vs. Rangers
- The Rangers are batting .265 this season, second in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .458 (second in the league) with 231 home runs.
- The Rangers have gone 8-for-44 with two doubles and four RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery makes the start for the Rangers, his 32nd of the season. He is 10-11 with a 3.25 ERA and 161 strikeouts over 182 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Seattle Mariners, when he tossed seven scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.25, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 31 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .247 batting average against him.
- Montgomery is trying to extend a third-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Montgomery will try to build upon a five-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.9 innings per outing).
- In seven of his 31 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 30-year-old ranks eighth in ERA (3.25), 23rd in WHIP (1.193), and 36th in K/9 (7.9).
Jordan Montgomery vs. Mariners
- He will match up with a Mariners offense that ranks 19th in the league with 1307 total hits (on a .243 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .414 (14th in the league) with 205 total home runs (12th in MLB play).
- Head-to-head against the Mariners this season, Montgomery has pitched seven innings without giving up an earned run on five hits, while striking out six.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.