Areas Affected: Blaine
...The Flood warning continues for the following Rivers in Idaho...
Big Wood River at Hailey affecting Blaine County
The Flood Warning continues for
The Big Wood River at Hailey.
* from late Friday night to Saturday evening...Or until the Warning is cancelled.
* At 9:45 AM Thursday the stage was 4.5 feet.
* Flood Stage is 5.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above Flood Stage by Saturday morning and continue to rise to near 5.0 feet by Saturday morning. The River will fall below Flood Stage by Saturday afternoon.
* Impact...At 5.0 feet...or 2181 cfs...Street flooding will occur along Cedar, War Eagle, and Della Vista Drives in the lower subdivisions in Hailey and Riverview drive in Bellevue. Draper Preserve in Hailey is inaccessible. Water may be over some secondary roads in West Ketchum (Wood River Drive). Gimlet subdivision will have flooding issues. && Fld Observed Forecast 6 AM Location Stg Stg Day Time Fri Sat Sun Big Wood River Big Wood River at Ha 5.0 4.5 Thu 10 AM 4.7 5.0 4.9 &&
Safety Message...Persons near the River should be aware of the expected high water and take action to protect property.
Areas Affected: Eastern Magic Valley; Raft River Region; Shoshone, Lava Beds; Southern Hills, Albion Mountains
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM MDT THIS
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
evening. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* TIMING AND IMPACTS...This afternoon and evening. Blowing dust is expected, which will reduce visibility. High-profile and light vehicles will be hard to control, particularly where a strong crosswind will exist.
* WINDS...Sustained west winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph are expected.
* LOCATIONS...The Shoshone Lava Beds, Eastern Magic Valley, and Raft River Region, including but not limited to Shoshone, Richfield, Carey, Oakley, Burley, Heyburn, Declo, Rupert, Albion, Malta, and Rockland. This includes portions of Interstate 86 and Interstate 84.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds over 30 mph are expected. Gusts over 45 mph are possible. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.